Research InterestsMy research interests relate to both systemic and data-specific aspects of Distributed, Large-Scale computing. Currently, I am focusing on algorithms for big-data management relative to: Optimization of analytics operators, graph analytics and data-quality driven analytics. Optimization aspects of Cloud Computing are also of great interest (including elasticity, profiling and resource scheduling). A full list of my publications can be found here.
Author ImpactGoogle Scholar, 30-09-2022
Funded RTD Projects
- RELAX [2023-2027]: Relaxed Semantics Across the Data Analytics Stack, HORIZON-MSCA-2021-DN-01.
- HiDALGO2 [2023-2026]: HPC and Big Data Technologies for Global Challenges, HORIZON-EUROHPC-JU-2021-COE-01-02.
- DAPHNE [2021-2024]: Integrated Data Analysis Pipelines for large-scale data management, High-performance computing, and machine learning, H2020-EU.2.1.1. - INDUSTRIAL LEADERSHIP - Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies - Information and Communication Technologies (ICT).
- HiDALGO [2018-2021]: HPC and Big Data Technologies for Global Systems, H2020-INFRAEDI-2018-1.
- TraMOOC [2015-2018]: Translation for Massive Open Online Courses, H2020-ICT-2014-1
- ASAP [2014-2017]: An Adaptive, highly Scalable Analytics Platform, FP-619706.
- CELAR [2012-2015]: Cloud Elasticity Provisioning, FP-317790.
- ARCOMEM [2010-2013]: ARchive COMmunities MEMories, FP7-270239
- GREDIA [2006-2009]: Grid Enabled Access to Rich media Content, FP6-34363
Research Projects and Code
- ARMADA - Boosting Analytics Performance: A Data-driven Approach
- AURA - Cloud Application Deployment with Transient Failure Recovery
- Analytics Profiler - Modeling Analytics Operators over multi-dataset inputs
- App Profiler - Automated Profiling for Distributed Big Data Applications
- MuSQLE - Multi-Engine SQL Query Execution
- IReS Platform - Intelligent, Multi-Engine Resource Scheduler for Big Data Analytics Workflows
- H2RDF - Distributed Indexing, Querying and Caching of Big RDF Data
- Cloud Application Elasticity Platform Releases
- TIRAMOLA - Elastic NoSQL cloud provisioning platform
- Databases - Spring 2022
- Digitization of Energy Systems (Graduate course) - Spring 2022
- Advanced Topics in Databases - Fall 2021, 2022
- Information Systems for Big Data - Fall 2021, 2022
- Computer Programming - Fall 2021, 2022
- Data-driven Knowledge Extraction (Graduate course) - Fall 2021, 2022
@Ionian University (2010 - 2021)
- Big Data Management - Fall 2014 to Fall 2020
- Operating Systems - Fall 2011 to Fall 2020
- Internet Technologies - Spring 2011 to Spring 2021
- Programming and Database Systems in Bioinformatics (Graduate course @di.ionio.gr ) - Fall 2016
- M123: Distributed Systems (Graduate course @di.uoa.gr) Spring 2016
- Introduction to Computer Programming (Fall 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
- Computer Networks II (Fall 2012, 2013)
- Computer Programming (Spring 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Information Systems Analysis and Design (Fall 2010)